What is the selection process?
Projects are assessed in a multi-stage process.
- An initial check for completeness of submitted documents and formal fulfillment of el- igibility criteria is carried out by the administrative coordinators of the OX|BER Research partnership. In case of technical deficiencies, the applicants have the possibility to correct the deficiencies.
- After the initial check, all proposals will be assessed in a written review by at least three external, international/national experts in the field of Global Health. The review is based on scores and explanations of the eligibility criteria as well as an overall numerical rating of the application.
- Based on scores received in the written review the administrators of the OX|BER Research Partnership will create a ranking of the submitted applications.
- In case of ambiguity, the applications will be sent to relevant Steering Committee members of BUA objectives for further assessment to ensure the best possible compliance to all goals set by the OX|BER Research Partnership.
- The selection committee (consisting of the Academic and Vice Academic Directors of the OX|BER Research Partnership) will discuss the proposals and rankings to make the final decision based on the written and scored reviews in a closed session. The funding recommendation will be recorded and documented.
- In a formal act, the Executive Board of the Berlin University Alliance releases the final funding decision.