What are the necessary documents of an application?
Additionally to the information entered in the application portal, you will be asked to upload the following documents:
- A two page CV of each lead applicant in tabular form as PDF here, including a list of ‘no more than five’ of the applicant’s most significant publications. These publications need not be related to the proposed project.
- a narrative project description of no more than 3 pages as PDF (font: Calibri, font size at least 11 pt; line spacing at least 1.2), including:
- An overview of the field of study and general intellectual content of the project suitable for a non-specialist audience; please specifically address how the project meets the criteria set out in the call documentation;
- A lay-out of the proposed project and its specific objectives as well as its operations and functions;
- A description of any additional financial support from sponsoring faculty/units including any PhD stipends/funding allocated to the proposed activity; and
- A summary of any additional resources (office or laboratory space, library access etc) required for the project and their availability.
- Budget Sheet (Download on Website)
- an endorsement letter of the respective university's (University of Oxford or any university from partners from the Global South) head of faculty or head of department, preferrably on university letterhead as PDF here.
The letters are intended to ensure that the respective persons are informed about the individual application activities at the faculty or department. The contents of the letters are not included in the evaluation of the projects.
For other external partners, this letter must include a confirmation of the provision of funds (including the respective amount provided by your institution).
- For BUA institutions: the completed template “Anzeigebogen für Projekte der Berlin University Alliance” (this is a mandatory supplementary document for submission.) Please use the relevant template for your institution (Download on Website)
This document is intended to ensure that the respective persons are informed about the individual application activities at the faculty or department. The contents of the letters are not included in the evaluation of the projects.