BUA Fellowship Program in the Advancing Research Quality and Value Focus Area
The aim of the program is to support measures and projects on research quality and open science and to facilitate research cooperation and knowledge exchange. National and international experts contribute their experience and competence to the work of BUA. Researchers and employees from the science-supporting areas of the Excellence Network can expand their expertise and develop new approaches for the projects of the priority area.
The program consists of two funding lines. Incoming Fellowships offer national and international experts the opportunity to conduct research at BUA's collaborative institutions and to contribute their knowledge in an advisory capacity. Outgoing Fellowships offer outstanding scientists at all career levels within BUA the opportunity to carry out their work at a German or international university and to familiarize themselves with new theoretical and methodological approaches. The outgoing fellowships are also open to staff from the science-support sector to familiarize themselves with established structures and processes at other institutions that ensure sustainable research quality or implement open science practices (examples of good practice). In this sense, the Outgoing Fellowships aim in particular at "learning from others" and networking with relevant actors. The funding period for outgoing fellowships is one to three months. Interested applicants can submit an application to BUA's Steering Committee Advancing Research Quality and Value.
Incoming Fellowships invite scholars* with excellent contributions, specific experience, and expertise in research quality and open science to work at one of BUA's partner institutions. During their three- to six-month stay, they support and complement their colleagues in Berlin, work together on research and/or implementation projects, and offer events. The aim of this collaboration - which should last as long as possible beyond the duration of the actual funding - is to expand BUA's network in the field of research quality and open science and to further increase the visibility of the network both nationally and internationally. Potential candidates will be invited by the Steering Committee. Proposals for suitable fellows can be submitted to the Steering Committee Advancing Research Quality and Value.
Outgoing Fellowships 2022/2023
- Dr. Helen Niemeyer from the Department of Clinical Psychological Intervention at Freie Universität Berlin is going to the University of Chicago.
- Felicitas Heßelmann from the Department of Science Studies at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin goes to the University of Edinburgh.
- Mik Schutte from Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin goes to Delft University of Technology.
Incoming Fellowship 2022/2023
- Prof. Dr. Frank Miedema, Vice Rector for Research at Utrecht University, Professor of Open Science and Chair of the Open Science Program, comes to the QUEST Center at the Berlin Institute of Health (BIH) at Charité.
- Dr. Ugo Moschini from the Data Analysis Office of the Italian Institute of Technology (IIT). comes to the QUEST Center at the Berlin Institute of Health (BIH) at Charité.
For further questions and information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org