Center for Open and Responsible Research (CORe)
CORe regards itself as an exchange platform for bundling the different scientific and professional expertise of the BUA partners and for developing, elucidating, and reflecting on a shared understanding of values, taking into account specific research cultures in each case.
CORe supports research activities, education and training measures and promotes the networking of relevant stakeholders in the fields of research quality and open science. Another key area is the monitoring of measures and successes in the implementation of the integrated Berlin research environment – a central goal of the BUA.
CORe is embedded in Berlin’s academic landscape as well as in the national and international academic landscape. CORe continuously exchanges ideas with (inter)national experts. Some examples:
- Robert K. Merton Zentrum für Wissenschaftsforschung, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- QUEST Center BIH, Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Open Access Büro Berlin
- Wissenschaftlerbefragung des Deutschen Zentrum für Hochschul- und Wissenschaftsforschung (DZHW)
- Kompetenzzentrum Bibliometrie
- Open Science Center, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
- Center for Science and Technology Studies (CWTS), Leiden University
- Ombudsman für die Wissenschaft, Berlin
- Weizenbaum Institut, Berlin
- European Network for Indicator Designers (enid)
The CORe team supports the work of the Advancing Research Quality and Value objective in terms of content and administration in implementing their goals, as well as developing and establishing a value-based research governance within the Berlin University Alliance.