What does the research funding look like?
- With the X-Tutorials format, the Berlin University Alliance is funding research projects by students for students.
- In order to hold an X-Tutorial, tutors receive a contract as a student assistant of 40 hours per month over a period of 12 months. However, the X-Tutorial can also be carried out alone, without co-teaching. In this case, the tutor receives a contract as a student assistant for 80 hours per month and also for a term of 12 months. The tutorial is carried out at the affiliated institution to which the project is institutionally linked and where it is supervised by a university lecturer.
- On top of that, candidates can apply for research-relevant material or travel funds up to a maximum of 750 euro.
- To prepare the X-Tutors for their task, they are also invited to participate in a teaching qualification program.
- The Berlin University Alliance sponsors up to 8 X-Tutorials per call for proposals.