Anchorage in the Praesidia
The ProFiL Programme for the promotion of high-performing female researchers pursuing a professorship was initiated in 2003 by Freie Universität Berlin, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin and Technische Universität Berlin and is anchored directly in the Praesidia of the three partner universities. The Praesidia decide on the continuation and development prospects of the programme. Since 2020, Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin, the joint medical department of Freie Universität Berlin and Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, has also been involved as part of the Berlin University Alliance (BUA).
Responsible Vice Presidents
- Prof. Dr. Verena Blechinger-Talcott, First Vice President, Freie Universität Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Christoph Schneider, Vice President for Research, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Stephan Völker, Vice President for Research and Appointments, Technische Universität
Scientific Advisory Board
Since 2003, the ProFiL Programme has been supported by a Scientific Advisory Board made up of three professors from each of the three partner universities. With their expertise, the advisory boards support the further development and quality assurance of the programme and carry out the selection process together with the Head of ProFiL and the two ProFiL coordinators.
Advisory Board Chair: Prof. Dr. Sabine Schülting, Institute for English Language and Literature, Freie Universität Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Christine Knaevelsrud, Department of Education and Psychology, Freie Universität Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Sabine Schülting, Institute for English Language and Literature, Freie Universität Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Martin Lücke, Friedrich-Meinecke-Institut, Freie Universität Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Rasha Abdel Rahman, Department of Psychology, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Oliver Benson, Department of Physics, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Petra Stanat, Department of Education Studies, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Sabine Klapp, Institute for Theoretical Physics, Technische Universität Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Maria Andrea Mroginski, Institute of Chemistry, Technische Universität Berlin
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Uwe Nestmann, Institute of Software Engineering and Theoretical Computer Science, Technische Universität Berlin
Steering Committee Diversity and Gender Equality
The Steering Committee Diversity and Gender Equality was appointed in 2020 to oversee the goals defined in the BUA application. The Steering Committee is made up of one member of each of the network partner universities.
- Prof. Dr. Robin Celikates, Institute of Philosophy, Freie Universität Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Ulrike Vedder, Institute of German Literature, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Sabine Hark, Center for Interdisciplinary Women's and Gender Studies, Technische Universität Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Gertraud (Turu) Stadler, Gender Research in Medicine, Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Head and Office of the ProFiL Programme
The implementation and further conceptual development of the ProFiL Programme are the responsibility of the Head of ProFiL. As part of the BUA funding, she is supported by two coordinators who are particularly responsible for the English programme line. In addition, a project assistant is responsible for financial administration and event management tasks and two other employees support the organisational tasks and the implementation of the programme evaluation.
- Dorothea Jansen, Head of the ProFiL Programme
- Dr. Antje Dallmann, Coordinator of the English ProFiL line
- N.N., Coordinator of the English ProFiL line
- Christoph Schur, Project assistant ProFiL Programme
- Nastassja Bleyer, Staff member ProFiL Programme
- Sarah C. Schäch, Staff member ProFiL Programme