Prerequisites for Application
The programme addresses female scholars with a habilitation, habilitation candidates, junior professors, leaders of junior research groups and postdocs of the three cooperating Berlin universities and the Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin für Sozialforschung. The programme is offered in German and in English. The German programme line requires a very good command of German and the English line a very good command of English (C1 level). The English programme line is intended for international female scholars. International researchers based at Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin may apply for the English programme line. If you wish to participate, you should be prepared to:
- aspire to a professorship
- to actively build a mentoring relationship
- to participate in the seminar programme and the evaluation
Fee: 150 Euro, scholarship holders and scholars with little or without funding are exempted
Application and Selection Procedure
Acceptance to the programme ensues via a two-staged process: A written application and a selection interview. Your written application should cover the following aspects:
- your letter of motivation, in which you explain your motivation to participate in the programme and your goals
- an outline of your current research project or the topic of your habilitation (max. 1 page)
- details regarding the (planned) completion of the habilitation or the current phase of your qualification
- your curriculum vitae including your dissertation grade
- a list of your publications and your further academic accomplishments, such as academic awards and third-party funding, grants.
The call for applications for the 17th ProFiL round is open from 17 April 2023.
Closing date for applications is 26 May 2023.
The 17th ProFiL round will run from February 2024 to March 2025.
Contact and Further Information:
Head of the ProFiL Programme
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 104-106, 2nd floor, room 2202
Phone: (030) 314-29304, Fax: (030) 314-28966
Dr. Antje Dallmann
Coordinator of the English Programme Line
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 104-106, 2nd floor, room 2201
Phone: (030) 314-70151, Fax: (030) 314-28966