Proposal-writing course with Seán McCarthy (online)
This online course is designed to train researchers in writing professional and competitive proposals for Horizon Europe. The course analyses the relevance of Horizon Europe to EU policies, the common problems in proposal writing, and the success criteria for proposals. The course provides advice on how to collect information, select strategic partners, and streamline proposal writing.
In three sessions, (Session 1: 10:00-10:45, Session 2: 11:00-11:45, Session 3: 12:00-12:45) Seán McCarthy will provide you with his experience and insight on
- From EU Policies to Horizon Europe; Bottom-Up versus Top-Down;
- Profile of Successful Organisations and Individuals,
- Judging a Winning Proposal; 'Telling' versus 'Selling';
- Role of Research Support Services,
- How Proposals are evaluated in Pillar I, II and III (ERC Proposals, MSCA Proposals, Societal Challenges, EIC);
- Impact, Output, Outcome and how to explain in each Pillar; Evaluator’s perspective.
Please register via email to the Brussels-Office of the Berlin University Alliance, Angelika Wilhelm-Rechmann, firstname.lastname@example.org, ideally before October 19 as the places are limited.
About Seán McCarthy
Dr. Seán McCarthy has been involved in all aspects of European Research since 1980. He has been active as a researcher, research manager, research group leader, and company director. Today he specialises in helping researchers and organisations design and implement their European Research Strategies. He is involved in various University Organisations in Brussels and involved first hand in research policy development and implementation. He holds a PhD in Electrical Engineering and Microelectronics (University College Cork and NMRC (now Tyndall), 1986), and conducted research in photovoltaic systems, batteries, energy crops, electronic monitoring systems, and computer modelling.
More detailed information on the Website of Seán McCarthy