Emotion at the University in the Self and in the Other - Part 2 of the Ethnographic Learning Research Project
Leader: Julia Baumann; Institutional affiliation: Institut für Sozial- und Kulturanthropologie, Freie Universität Berlin
Emotions are the basis of human coexistence. In the European academic tradition, however, a culture has developed that subordinates emotions to the rational. The project aims to encourage people to reflect on their own emotional worlds and to gain insights into other members of university institutions. In Part 2, the data collected in Part 1 will be expanded through a comparative data set. The research conditions will continue to be reflected ethically, possibilities for analysis will be discussed, and the final publication will be made.
The course is designed for students with prior knowledge of ethnogr. research in MA/BA (4th FS and above).
The course is scheduled to take place:
- introductory session 22.04.22, 4-6 p.m. (online)
- research evaluation 06.03.22, 2-6 p.m.
- research process exchange 19.05.22, 4-6 p.m.
- research evaluation II 03.06.22, 2-6 p.m.
- evaluation/publication 17.06.22, 2-6 p.m.
- conclusion 15.07.22, 2-6 p.m.
Course language: German
Schedule: fridays, 2-6 p.m.