What is 'research quality'? Disciplinary dimensions and perspectives
Panel discussion organized by the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences, and Humanities, the Einstein Foundation Berlin, the QUEST Center at the Berlin Institute of Health of the Charité, and the Berlin University Alliance.
The panel discussion will address the question of what is meant by the term research quality and how research quality can be assessed or even measured. To this end, experts from various disciplines will discuss general and specific dimensions and concepts of research quality in the social sciences and humanities, the natural and technical sciences, and medicine.
- Anna Dreber, Economics, Stockholm School of Economics
- Gordon Guyatt, Health Research, McMaster University Hamilton
- Lena Hipp, Sociology, Social Science Research Center Berlin, Germany
- Christoph Markschies, Theology, Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities
- Susanne Schreiber, Computational Neuroscience, Humboldt University Berlin
The discussion, held in English, will be moderated by Ulrich Dirnagl, QUEST Center for Responsible Research, Berlin Institute of Health at Charité and member of the Steering Committee of Objective 3 - Advancing Research Quality and Value of the Berlin University Alliance.
For more information on the event and the link to the registration, please click here.
Time & Location
May 30, 2023 | 06:00 PM - 08:00 PM
Berlin-Brandenburgische Akademie der Wissenschaften, Einstein Hall, Academy Building at Gendarmenmarkt, Jägerstr. 22/23, 10117 Berlin.