Junior Research Groups on Diversity & Gender Equality
- Start of the call for proposals: June 3, 2021
- Type of call for proposals: Open call
- Application deadline: August 1, 2021
- Start of funding: presumably March 1, 2022
- Term: 4 years 6 months
- Object of funding and amount of funding: Personnel and material resources, per junior research group:
- 1 Junior research group leader (Guest lectureship based on TV-L EG 14/15). 100%
- 1 research assistant position, TV-L EG 13, 100%
- Material resources max. 10,000 euros per annum
With the call for junior research groups, the Berlin University Alliance (BUA) offers outstanding researchers (Postdocs) the opportunity to establish a joint cross-university research context in which new questions, methods, and approaches are used to create scientific foundations for empirically informed organizational development in the areas of diversity and gender equality at universities. The identification and analysis of diversity-enhancing as well as discriminatory and exclusionary structures and practices in the organizational structures and academic cultures of BUA institutions will be leveraged into the development of innovative standards and interventions that promote cultural change toward a diverse and gender-sensitive research and teaching environment.
The junior research groups are based at the four gender studies centers of the partner institutions and are advised and supported by a team of experts in the “Diversity and Gender Equality Network” (DiGENet).
Topics of the call
There are calls for proposals for junior research groups on three groups of topics:
- Fixing the Institution: overarching analyses of the mechanisms of impact of gender equality, diversity policies and practices across university disciplines and in universities as institutions
- Fixing the System: Analyses in the context of the history of science
- Core Data Sets Diversity: Empirical studies
- Sub-area a: Tools, legal and technical challenges, and solutions of data collection on diversity measures
- Sub-area b: Empirical studies of success factors, obstacles to, and intervention strategies for improving diversity, with special emphasis on university medicine and life sciences within the Berlin University Alliance.
- Call for Proposals
- Declaration of acceptance
- Leaflet on the Proposal
- Template Budget Table (follows shortly)
- Template Short CV
To ensure equality and diversity, applications from women as well as groups of people underrepresented in science (e.g., researchers with diversity characteristics such as disabilities, migration experience, first generation, etc.) are especially welcome.