Invitation to digital event for all questions about the Berlin University Alliance (BUA)
What is the goal of the Berlin University Alliance? How can the BUA support my research? What can the alliance offer me as a student? How does the BUA affect my unit or university? What does an integrated research environment look like? And: How can I get involved?
The success of this Alliance of Excellence depends on the ideas and dedication of its researchers, teachers, students, and staff – on us all. It is essential that we continue to share, discuss and work with one another.
That is why the Board of Directors of the Berlin University Alliance would also like to start a conversation with you and is inviting you to a digital panel discussion and dialog on:
Monday, 18 January 2021, from 11:30 to 13:15
Please submit your binding registration in advance:
You will receive the access link after registering. Please note that this event will be held in German.
Panel discussion “Ask the BUA!” at 11:30
- Prof. Dr. Günter M. Ziegler, president of Freie Universität Berlin
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dr. Sabine Kunst, president of Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin and speaker of the Berlin University Alliance
- Professor Dr. Christian Thomsen, president of Technische Universität Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Heyo K. Kroemer, chief executive officer of Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Moderator: Julia Vismann, rbb
The panel discussion will include an interview and Q&A round with the members of the board.
Dialog groups at 12:30
Following the panel discussion, we will be holding parallel dialog groups on the following BUA topics:
- Focusing on Grand Challenges: Prof. Dr. Rainer Haag, Dr. Claudia Wiedner
- Fostering Knowledge Exchange: Prof. Dr. Thomas Risse, Nadin Gaasch
- Advancing Research Quality and Value: Prof. Dr. Beatrice Gründler, Dr. Sybille Hinze
- Promoting Talent: Prof. Dr. Søren Salomo, Dr. Julia Härder
- Sharing Resources: Prof. Dr. Sebastian Möller, Dr. Dominika Dolzycka
- Diversity and Gender Equality: Prof. Dr. Gertraud (Turu) Stadler, Katharina Kowalski
- Teaching and Learning: Prof. Dr. Hans-Ulrich Heiß, Dr. Nina Lorkowski
- Internationalization: Dr. Ulrike Hillemann-Delaney, Aleksandra Laski
- Questions for the Administrative Office: Sabine Meurer, managing director of the Berlin University Alliance
Researchers and experts from the BUA’s various areas of focus will be available to answer questions. Attendees will have the opportunity to attend two consecutive dialog rounds (slot 1 and slot 2). After the panel discussion, you will be able to select which dialog groups you would like to attend within the digital meeting. Each slot is scheduled for roughly 20 minutes.
Come and join the conversation! We look forward to your attendance and input.
Prof. Dr. Günter M. Ziegler, President of Freie Universität Berlin
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dr. Sabine Kunst, President of Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin and Speaker of the Berlin University Alliance
Prof. Dr. Christian Thomsen, President of Technische Universität Berlin
Prof. Dr. Heyo K. Kroemer, Chief Executive Office of Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
In November 2019, the Berlin University Alliance was the only alliance to successfully receive funding in the Excellence Strategy of the federal government and states. In their joint proposal titled “Crossing Boundaries toward an Integrated Research Environment”, Freie Universität Berlin, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, Technische Universität Berlin and Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin laid out five objectives and three cross-cutting themes: research on global grand challenges, fostering multidirectional research and knowledge exchange, developing and advancing standards for research quality and value, the establishment of a Berlin-wide space dedicated to career development and recruitment, the development of a network for research services and infrastructure, as well as diversity and gender equality, research-based teaching and learning, and international scientific cooperation.
Further information: www.berlin-university-alliance.de/commitments/index.html