Facing social challenges together - panel discussion
What does a contemporary understanding of excellence in science look like? How are societal challenges taken into account in excellent research? What is the relationship between transdisciplinary or participatory research and academic freedom? What does this mean in the context of excellent research? And: what place does research with society have in the Excellence Strategy now and in the future?
We would like to discuss all of these questions together with you and our top-class panel of experts from science, science policy and science funding. Participating in the panel discussion will be:
- Nicole Burkhardt, Head of Division Strategic Foresight, Participation, Social Innovation at the BMBF
- Dr. Ina Czyborra, Senator for Science and Health, Berlin
- Dr. Volker Meyer-Guckel, Secretary General of the Stifterverband
- Prof. Dr. Uwe Schneidewind, Lord Mayor of the City of Wuppertal
- Prof. Dr. Thomas S. Spengler, Technical University of Braunschweig and member of the Excellence Strategy Committee of the German Council of Science and Humanities
- Moderation: Dr. Jan-Martin Wiarda, science journalist
Spoken language will be german.
Register here for online acess: https://www.berlin-university-alliance.de/commitments/knowledge-exchange/PM_Anmeldeformular_14_2/index.html.
The panel discussion is jointly organized by the Berlin University Alliance, the Excellence Alliance consisting of Freie Universität Berlin, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, Technische Universität Berlin and Universitätsmedizin Charité, as well as the Universities of Excellence RWTH Aachen University and the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT). Co-organizer is the Society for Transdisciplinary and Participatory Research e.V., founded in May 2023.
Time & Location
Feb 14, 2024 | 05:00 PM - 06:30 PM
Admission from 16:30, Forum Factory (Besselstraße 13-14, 10969 Berlin//U-Bahnstation. Kochstraße / Checkpoint Charlie) and livestreaming online