German Alliance for Global Health Research hosts its first on-site annual symposium in Berlin
On Saturday, October 23, 2021 (11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.) the German Alliance for Global Health Research will celebrate its first on-site annual symposium in Berlin. After a long period of digital-only networking, GLOHRA Day will provide an opportunity for more than 700 members and collaborating partners to meet and share research and ideas on current global health challenges.
GLOHRA was launched in February 2020 with the support of the Federal Ministry for Education and Research. The goal of this initiative is to support interdisciplinary, collaborative and cross-sector global health research. GLOHRA offers a space for researchers from the biomedical sciences, the social sciences and humanities, public health as well as engineering and other sciences to engage in meaningful exchange, develop partnerships and joint research.
Researchers active in global health are invited to join for GLOHRA day. All those interested in the topic of global health within the Berlin University Alliance are cordially invited, even if they are not (yet) a member of GLOHRA.
A few highlights of the program include:
- Networking opportunities to collaborate with researchers and global health actors
- Presentations from GLOHRA-supported global health research projects
- Insights from speakers representing the BMZ, Wellcome Trust, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for translating research into action
- “Career corner” for early career researchers with opportunities to network with senior researchers and partners
- GLOHRA Engaged – workshop inviting researcher perspectives to contribute to the Global Health Strategy of the federal government
View the program and register: https://globalhealth.de/news/view/save-the-date-glohra-day.html