What do I need to consider when planning a trip/ excursion in my StuROPx project?
Travel allowance instead of business trip accounting
- Some of you may want to go on a business trip as part of your StuROPx project (e.g. field trip, field research, conference, congress).
- Often not only the teachers travel here, but also the students, i.e. mostly larger groups.
Due to the group nature of the trips, StuROPx does not submit individual business trip invoices (according to receipts). Instead, we work with travel allowances.
- The decisive factor here is the word "allowance", i.e. the costs incurred are not reimbursed, but an allowance for the costs (travel, accommodation, etc.) is granted. If you plan your trip in time and can organize cheap tickets/hotels etc., the allowance may well cover your costs.
Step 1: Calculation of travel allowance
- The travel allowance is based on the distance compensation according to the Bundesreisekostengesetz (BRKG): 20 cents/ km; with a maximum amount of 130 €/ distance, i.e. up to 260 € in total.
- Example calculation: So if you want to visit a symposium at the Universität Hamburg for reasons of your research, for example, the calculation would be as follows:
from the main building of the Humboldt-Universität in Mitte: Unter den Linden 6, 10117 Berlin
to Hamburg to the Universität Hamburg: Mittelweg 177, 20148 Hamburg
According to google maps, the one-way distance is: 290 km.
This makes a total of: 580 km for the outward and return journey.
According to the BRKG distance compensation, 20 cents per km are subsidized:
580 km * 0,20 € = 116 €.
So you would receive an allowance of 116 € per person for the trip.
- Of course, it is also conceivable that the students share the allowance among themselves, i.e. if 10 students travel, 5 students would submit a travel allowance, whereby 2 persons could share the allowance in each case.
Step 2: Travel Grant Form
- Please fill out the form travel allowance in StuROPx.
- To avoid mistakes, please have a look at the exemplary filled out form.
Step 3: Submission of the Travel Grant Form
- Please name the document as follows:
Groups/ Tuts_YOUR LAST NAME YOUR FIRST NAME_Travel Grant_if applicable for Student First Name Last Name
e.g. Groups/ Tuts_MUSTERMANN MICHAEL_Travel allowance_for student Monika Musterfrau
- Please submit the completed pdf document via upload to the StuROPx team and follow the instructions for uploads in StuROPx.