Research Forum Global Health
Sounding Board and Forum Ambassadors
The Research Forum Global Health is one of the four formats of the Research Forums program. The thematic workshops are the core of this format, in which, starting in June 2022, stakeholders from science, organized civil society, art and culture, economy, politics and administration will identify future topics and research questions with a focus on urban health in several exchange formats, which can be addressed particularly well in the integrated Berlin research environment.
The Research Forum Global Health and the thematic workshops are conducted by a Sounding Board consisting of experts in the field of global and urban health, as well as transdisciplinary research. It regards itself as an informal steering committee for assurance of quality, which continuously monitors the format, provides feedback, and proposes suggestions for internal project decisions. The kickoff-meeting of the Sounding Board was held on April 26, 2022, at the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities in Berlin.
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christine Ahrend (Steering Committee Fostering Knowledge Exchange) and Prof. Dr.-med. Axel Radlach Pries (Member of the Executive Board) performed the function of Forum Ambassadors for the format.
Members of the Sounding Board Research Forum Global Health
- Nora Anton, Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Wolfram Herrmann, Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Marte Kessler, Stifterverband Deutsche Wissenschaft e. V.
- Kristina Knispel, Global Health Hub Germany
- Prof. Dr. Heike Köckler, Hochschule für Gesundheit Bochum
- Prof. Dr. Jörg Niewöhner, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin,
- Prof. Dr. Dr. Martina Schäfer, Technische Universität Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Flurina Schneider, ISOE – Institut für sozial-ökologische Forschung
- Dr. Mandy Singer-Brodowski, Freie Universität Berlin