Within their new partnership, the University of Oxford and Freie Universität Berlin, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Technische Universität Berlin, and Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin are seeking to strengthen already existing links as well as to stimulate new research collaborations between the four Berlin partners and all four Oxford University academic divisions.
Start-up financing funds were tendered within the partnership during 2018 and 2019. The Oxford/Berlin Research Partnership aimed to use this funding to support new and innovative research projects with additional third-party project funding. To qualify for this funding, the proposed projects needed to include researchers from the partners in both Oxford and Berlin. A further criterion was that the researchers would aim to initiate additional joint activities with other researchers.
In August 2020, a call for proposals was issued for seed-funded projects carrying out research in the field of Social Cohesion. The call for proposals was issued by the newly founded Centre for Advanced Studies (CAS). The submission deadline is September 16. There are future plans to open CAS calls for proposals to a wider audience within the participating institutions in Oxford and Berlin.
- Notification – Expression of Interest: Short-term flexible funding opportunities
- OX|BUA Centre for Advanced Studies Call Global Health
- Inaugural Call for Proposals for Cooperation Groups of the OX|BUA Centre for Advanced Studies 2020
- Complete List of the 24 Funded Projects (2019)
- Complete List of the 29 Funded Projects (2018)
- Four Examples from 2018