Call for Proposals for Signature Projects of the BCGE
Funding of Collaboration Projects to Structurally Strengthen Cooperation with the Global South
- Start of the call: November 15, 2021
- Submission deadline: February 1, 2022, 12 noon
- Maximum duration of funding: 36 months (2 years + 1 year)
- Start of funding: July 1, 2022
- Funding volume per project: max. 105,000 euro annually
The Berlin Center for Global Engagement (BCGE) is a platform for current and new projects in the fields of cooperative research initiatives with the ‘Global South’, science diplomacy, and academic freedom.
Building on the Inaugural Call 2020 for the funding period July 2022 to June 2024/2025, research projects will be funded as Signature Projects that foster the emergence of exemplary, highly visible structures in BCGE's objective areas. Funding is provided for projects that aim to thematically deepen, interconnect, and consolidate existing cooperations and transfer scientific debates beyond the academic audience to the public through successful knowledge exchange as well as have an impact beyond individual research questions.
An application from projects that have already received start-up funding from the BCGE is particularly desirable. Funding is also available for new projects, provided they sufficiently serve the funding objectives. Participation of at least two of the four partner institutions of the Berlin University Alliance is mandatory. Detailed information on selection criteria and content as well as on the application procedure can be found in Call for Proposals and in the FAQ.
Questions about the call for proposals can be addressed to the BCGE team at the information events. The event is aimed at all interested parties. It will be held in German. It is also possible to switch to English during the event as required. If desired, further discussions can be held with other interested parties in break-out rooms.
- December 1, 2021, 10-11 a.m.: https://fu-berlin.webex.com/fu-berlin/j.php?MTID=m76b739ef1b6c83ccb9b8def11112be4f
- January 14, 2022, 11-12 a.m.: https://fu-berlin.webex.com/fu-berlin/j.php?MTID=m73edb67e5d9f72bab8d6f22f6d36cd3f
Call for Proposals Dossiers
- Call for Proposals
- Applications must be submitted in English via the BIH portal.
After creating an account, you will find the online form in the "Open Calls" list under the tab "Start new application"
- Project description template for uploading to the portal
- Budget planning template for uploading to the portal (follows shortly)
- Template "Anzeigebogen für Projekte der Berlin University Alliance [Announcement form for projects]"
Freie Universität Berlin
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Technische Universität Berlin
- Overview example the required fields in the portal
Dr. Sarah Wessel, Program Manager Berlin Center for Global Engagement (BCGE)
Phone: +49 30 / 838-69750
Anna Lebed, Event Management BCGE
Tel.: +49 30 / 838-72217
Roma Gendera, Program Manager Berlin Center for Global Engagement (Parental leave replacement)
Tel.: +49 30 / 838-65280